Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Marshalltown during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at B & G HVAC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call B & G HVAC at 641-316-3360 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.