Make your life less difficult—start preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your B & G HVAC pro each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the future. Our technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for major repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your B & G HVAC service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters on a monthly basis and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the B & G HVAC team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.