As warmer weather begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshalltown? Even if your AC unit is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked annually by a B & G HVAC professional can help spot minor issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little troubles before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine parts and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Today with B & G HVAC
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our B & G HVAC pros a ring at 641-316-3360 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching service.