As spring begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshalltown? Particularly if your AC unit is recently purchased or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a B & G HVAC tech can help spot minor issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher utility bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little problems before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into extensive issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with B & G HVAC
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our B & G HVAC pros a ring at 641-316-3360 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.