As warmer weather begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshalltown? Especially if your air conditioning system is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your equipment examined yearly by a B & G HVAC specialist can help find minor troubles before they turn into huge meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to take care of complicated internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause elevated energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy bill and in the long-term, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint small troubles before they become big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully look at pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth measures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive problems that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the season. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is prepped to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is vulnerable to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Overall system state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with B & G HVAC
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our B & G HVAC pros a call at 641-323-1210 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.