When it’s frigid in Marshalltown you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might require a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like B & G HVAC.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at B & G HVAC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.