If you want to stay cozy during the cooler months in Marshalltown, your heat pump will require some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your annual tune-up with B & G HVAC, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if a mess has accumulated or plants have taken over the area.
- To make sure your system is working properly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, read our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our experts, call B & G HVAC at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.