During the cold Marshalltown months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to B & G HVAC will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call B & G HVAC as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from B & G HVAC can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call B & G HVAC at 641-323-1210 or arrange an appointment with us online.