Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Marshalltown summer, have the professionals at B & G HVAC complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call B & G HVAC today at 641-316-3360.