Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Marshalltown is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While B & G HVAC consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call B & G HVAC in Marshalltown at 641-316-3360 today.