You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at B & G HVAC have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the present temperature, try adjusting it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your B & G HVAC technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 641-323-1210.