No matter what time of year it is, and no matter how cold or hot is it outside, there is one thing that we all count on in our homes: comfort. Or really, that our air conditioner and furnace will operate smoothly and keep us comfortable. This steady comfort through the transitions of the seasons can only be reached through regularly scheduled air conditioner service. It’s something that most homeowners delay or forget about, but now is the best time to have your air conditioner checked before the warm spring air comes. These services on your system not only certify your comfort, but they also can find and fix possible problems before they fully appear.
Here are a number of things you can anticipate from the experts during an air conditioner tune-up:
- Clean your indoor and outdoor coils to make sure that your system is running at its best and that they are clear of dust or dirt.
- Check the filters in your system to confirm that there isn’t a dirty filter requiring your system to work harder than it should be, hurting the energy efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
- Check the refrigerant levels to confirm that they are at the proper levels. Levels of refrigerant that are too high or too low can hinder the efficiency of your system.
- Check the overall system performance to identify if there are any likely problems that they might need to keep an eye out for moving forward.
- Clean the blower and fan blades for quiet operation of your system.
The experts at B & G HVAC know exactly how to keep your heating and cooling system working at its best performance. You should never have to compromise your comfort because of an issue with your air conditioner – keep up with your investment and let our professionals at B & G HVAC keep your comfort as their top priority. Give them a call at 641-323-1210 or set up an appointment online to get your heating and cooling system through maintenance now.